The Sacral Chakra controls our physical health and well-being so it is essential that we give it the respect and attention it deserves. Too often we treat our body like a machine and push it to keep going, fueling it with stimulants and poor food choices – this is when dis-ease can occur. We can not be physically and emotionally strong and balanced, if we do not value and respect our body. Balance is the key here… we need to be mindful of this, so that we don’t over do things!
Some of the key themes for the Sacral Chakra are passion, sensuality, connection, intimacy, creativity – anything connected with pleasure! As mentioned above, balance is key.
Sacral healing is extremely powerful for healing trauma and past abuse… just think physical violation, volatile situations, being neglected, being rejected, the denial of how you felt as a child and emotional manipulation and abuse. If we don’t allow ourselves to let go of these past traumas and we continue to carry the energy and emotion connected to this, it can massively impact this energy centre.
We are spiritual beings, having a human experience and pleasure is one of the most amazing things that we are gifted…. whether that is doing something that lights you up, or connecting deeply and intimately with another. To choose not to let go of the past, or be unwilling to work on healing, we are consciously choosing to deny ourselves of the pleasures of life.
Know that you deserve to experience joy and pleasure!
How to tell if your Sacral Chakra is deficient of energy:
- You will be very rigid in your body and in your attitudes, just picture the person who’s body is tense and tight
- You may avoid sex – it could be due to intimacy issues or it could be the denial of pleasure
- Excessive boundaries with little compromise and flexibility. Control is everything
- Fear of change
- For some they will lack and passion or excitement for life. You can have this sense of always being hungry and it’s not about food. You are missing something in your life and it could be that you’re using food as a way to fulfill this desire
- You deny yourself pleasure and joy – often there is an underlying belief that you don’t deserve it
- Feeling disconnected from your feelings, but being scared to embrace them
How to tell if your Sacral Chakra has an excess of energy:
- You may be a little too sexually active, this only becomes an issue when you compromise your own values and beliefs and people end up getting hurt
- You constantly strive for pleasure, it becomes addictive and you crave instant gratification
- You will experience very strong emotions which often take you over
- You may feel over sensitive (beyond being an HSP) and find that your boundaries are very loose and constantly being over stepped
- You may also find yourself emotionally dependent on others as you can’t find that inner strength within you! It’s the classic needy person!
Physical symptoms that may appear if the Sacral Chakra needs some care and attention:
- Menstrual difficulties, reproductive disorders
- Urinary system challenges
- Sexual dysfunction
- Low back pain
- Knee trouble
Self care for your Sacral Chakra:
- Energy healing – choose which appeals most to you. I love pure energy work for this Chakra, it’s just so powerful
- Essential oils to support you are jasmine, neroli and orange blossom
- Try moving your body with yoga, swimming, walking or even dance. Dance is a great way to re-connect with that inner sensual woman. Here are some specific yoga poses to help
- Nourish yourself with healthy food
- Crystals that support your Sacral Chakra are Orange and Coral Calcite, Citrine. More soothing crystals are Orange Carnelian, Snowflake Obsidian and Amethyst. If you are unsure just speak to the person selling the crystals and they will be able to help you. Plus use your intuition.
- Boundaries are essential – so don’t be afraid to lovingly set boundaries with people. Those that care for you, will respect them
- Plenty of water
- Have balance between work and rest – your body needs time to heal and rejuvenate. If you push yourself too hard, imbalances and inevitable
- Have fun and don’t deny yourself pleasure
Keep a watch out for information on the rest of the Chakras… which are coming soon! You can read more about the Root Chakra here.
Until next time!
Intuitive Energy Worker & EFT Practitioner
Helping the empowered women who is ready to banish negativity, self-doubt & self-sabotage forever – time to believe in yourself and take action!
Don’t forget to check out the facebook group, We have a lovely group of women, who are very supportive of each other.